You guys are all going down tomorrow. We have brought together sixteen (16) big boozy Belgian behemoths to make you belch. Sixteen (16)!
Without further ado, check out the lineup we have for you guys in Costa Mesa on September 16, Beginning at 5pm:
1. Duvel Single – 6.8% ABV | 30 IBU – Duvel Single is brewed to the same high standards as bottled Duvel, with the same high quality ingredients. Now, for the first time, Duvel Single is refermented in the keg, creating enhanced flavor and higher carbonation.
2. Hennepin – 7.7% ABV | 24 IBU – One of the first Belgian-style saisons brewed in America and remains a standard for the style. Ommegang’s leading draft beer, Hennepin is a hoppy, farmhouse-style ale inspired by rustic farmstead brews imbibed on traditional Belgian farms during the long days of harvest season.
3. La Chouffe – 8% ABV | 18 IBU – The legend of the gnomes who once brewed in this area inspired this lovely golden ale. Fruit, hops, and citrus aromas and tastes abound,with a spicy finish
4. Goudenband – 8% ABV | 11 IBU – This sour brown beer udnergoes a mixed fermentation that matures for 4 -12 months before being carefully blended with other ventages by the brewmaster to become “Goudenband”. The careful touch of the craft brewer is seen throughout the brewing process in this exquisite sour
5. Ommegang Abbey – 8.2% ABV | 30 IBU – Directly influenced by the patience and wisdom of the Trappists, who seek divine union – a pretty high standard for a beer, but a good one. Their first ever beer, with which we opened the doors in 1997, and still one of our two best sellers. Ommegang Abbey is made all the more distinctive by subtle aromas and flavors from brewing with exotic spices.
6. Houblon Chouffe – 9% ABV | 75 IBU – In his travels around the globe, the little Chouffe wandered through beautiful hop fields. The overwhelming aromas of Tomahwk, Amarillo, and Saaz mesmerized him. Back at home in the Ardennes he crafted a new beer combining this dazzling array of hops with the depth of body of his favorite style: The Belgian Tripel
7. La Fin Du Monde – 9% ABV | 19 IBU – It is brewed in honor of the intrepid European explorers who believed they had reached the “end of the world” when they discovered North America ‘the new world’. This triple-style golden ale recreates the style of beer originally developed in the Middle Ages by trappist monks for special occasions and as such it was the first of its kind to be brewed in North America.
8. Feminist – 9.4% ABV | 20 IBU – Spiced with hibiscus. Heavily infused with hibiscus, the beer displays a pink tinge. The beer greets you with a malty sweetness that quickly dissipates into a dry and tart grapefruit, lemonade finish.
9. Brother Thelonius – 9.4% ABV | 32 IBU – Like a Belgian “Dark Strong Ale”, this beer is rich and robust with an ABV of 9.4. The package features a label picturing the Jazz master himself. The Brewery makes a donation to the Brother Thelonius Institute of Jazz for every bottle sold.
10. Gnomegang – 9.5% ABV | 20 IBU – The cheerful gnomes of Belgian farmstead Brasserie d’Achouffe dropped by Brewery Ommegang in the summer of 2010, bringing a present of Chouffe yeast for our brewers. Chouffe’s fruity, spicy yeast is a signature found in every Chouffe beer. Using their yeast in primary fermentation – along with their recipe, our brewing, and our yeast in bottle conditioning – yields a unique, flavorful, and aromatic dose of magic.
11. Triquillo – 9.6% ABV | 18 IBU – Trappist-style Tripel aged in Tequila barrels bubblegum nose gives way to classic tripel flavors before the influence of light agave booze and sweetness.
12. Three Philosophers – 9.7% ABV | 19 IBU – The Belgian motto is “Strength in Union.” No phrase better describes Ommegang’s delicious Three Philosophers Quadrupel, which is a masterful blend of a strong, malty quadrupel ale and authentic Belgian Kriek from Brouwerij Liefmans in Oudenarde, Belgium. It’s the only beer of its kind in the world, and the high ABV and complexity of this beer makes it a good candidate for ageing gracefully.
13. Maredsous Tripel – 10% ABV | 18 IBU – It’s elegant smoothness belies the strong alcohol content. You’ll revel in the carefully balanced, long and warming finish.
14. Horny Devil – 10% ABV | 23 IBU – Horny Devil is their interpretation of a Belgian-style Golden Ale. Brewed with authentic Belgian ingredients including candi sugar and a Trappist yeast strain.
15. Malheur 12 – 12% ABV | 30 IBU – The deep chestnut color is the crown jewel in the family of Malheur quality beers. This chestnut-colored beer releases a delightful bouquet of spices and rich hop flowers and has a full-bodied flavor. Take the time to discover this delicious tasting beer, which attests to pure craftsmanship
16. Angel’s Share – 12.5% ABV | 52 IBU – Their Angel’s Share is a barrel aged burgundy colored ale infused with copious amounts of dark caramel malt to emphasize the vanilla and oak flavors found in freshly emptied bourbon or brandy barrels. Each batch spends no less than 12 months aging in the oak. As with all of our beers, this beer is brewed for sinners and saints alike. So be an angel and share it with a friend or two.
Check back with us tomorrow morning for the yumminess you guys will be chomping on!
The Iron Press Crew