A gigantor “CHEERS!” goes out to everyone who came out for an insane evening to celebrate our second (2nd) anniversary. Please accept our apologies if you were rubbing up shoulder to shoulder with strangers, but what better way to meet new beer loving friends, no? YES!
Following up that night, we are stoked to finally get Bear Republic in for a Tuesday Tap Takeover. We have been coordinating with them for quite some time now, but the stars never aligned until now! Mark down May 13th, 2014 AD in your calendars, we will be pouring some fine brews from a very fine brewery out of Sonoma, CA.
Holy shnikes! We were trying to pull out a few show-stoppers, but check out the lineup we have in store for you guys:
1. Tartare – 4% ABV | 8 IBU – One of the world’s classic sour beer styles, Tartare™ is Bear Republic’s interpretation of Berliner Weisse, the tart, low-alcohol beer style dubbed as “The Champagne of the North.” Tartare won a Bronze medal at the 2011 Festival of Wood and Barrel Aged Beer in the Wild Beer/Acidic category. Winner at 2013 Good Food Awards, Adventurous, Barreled, Big, Bawdy, & Belgian Beer Category
2. Tartare Rouge – 6% ABV | 8 IBU – Sour red ale aged in oak barrels.
3. Cuvee De Bubba – 6% ABV | 35 IBU – A custom blend of the beers of Bear Republic, Cuvee de Bubba is refermented in oak barrels using only the wild microflora and fauna native to the Alexander Valley. A bouquet of stone fruits with a complex flavor profile of malt, tobacco, and cherry pie sourness.
4. Rebellion – 6% ABV | 75 IBU – Rebellion was created by Bear Republic’s brewers as a single hop pale ale to showcase the characteristics of new hop varietals and old favorites. Always brewed with the same American and English malts, the soft malt character allows the unique flavor and aroma of the hop to shine.
5. Peter Brown Tribute Ale – 6.3% ABV | 21 IBU – Peter Brown Tribute Ale is malty American Brown Ale, brewed with molasses, brown sugar, and hopped with Cascade and Centennial. It’s just the way Pete would have wanted it.
6. Grand Am Pale Ale – 6.5% ABV | 45 IBU – Inspired by their team’s passion for racing, Grand-Am™ is an American Pale Ale worthy of the “Racer” family. True to their roots, this sessionable yet assertive ale balances both classic and new American hop varieties with a distinct malt backbone. Start your engines…
7. Heritage Ale – 7.0% ABV | 17 IBU – Heritage is Bear Republic’s Scottish Wee Heavy. The bulk of the grain bill is made up of Golden Promise malt from the UK, backed up by a blend of specialty English caramel malts. Fermented with their house strain of Scottish yeast at cool temperatures to extract a clean, yet fruity ester profile. Lightly hopped with East Kent Golding hops, this big and malty ale is true to the Norgrove Family’s Scottish Heritage, the “North Grove” of Sonoma County.
8. Old Saint Chango – 7.2% ABV | 35 IBU – This year’s winter warmer is complemented by cocoa nibs and Mexican Chocolate, while the German wheat beer yeast strain lends banana-rama goodness. Old Saint Chango, patron saint of their monkey friends, requested this beer himself.
9. Racer 5 – 7.5% ABV | 75 IBU – This hoppy American IPA is a full bodied beer brewed with American pale and crystal malts, and heavily hopped with Chinook, Cascade, Columbus and Centennial. There’s a trophy in every glass.
10. Churchill’s – 7.5% ABV | 100 IBU – This pale and hoppy IPA was brewed with a high proportion of wheat and rye for a smooth, well rounded flavor and mouth feel. Mosaic and Meridian provide a uniquely American and modern hop flavor and aroma
11. Hop Rod Rye – 8% ABV | 80 IBU – A high gravity IPA brewed with 18% rye malt. Hop Rod Rye has a floral hop aroma and subtle caramel notes with a slightly earthy and spicy rye character.
12. Big Bear Black Stout – 8.1% ABV | 55 IBU – Big Bear is a big, black, stout you can really sink your teeth into. The bold, roasty, caramel malt flavor is balanced by Centennial and Cascade hops.
13. APEX – 8.95% ABV | 100 IBU – Apex: The highest point, the culmination or climax. In racing, the apex of the turn is approached differently as conditions dictate but always with a forward looking mindset. This beer is the culmination of years of brewing and drinking hop forward IPAs. We all reserve the right to move forward, to advance the style to the next Apex.
14. Olde Scouters Barley Wine – 10.4% ABV | 100 IBU – An American version of the Classic British Winter Warmer, Olde Scoutter’s Barleywine is a rich and hoppy beer brewed in honor of beloved brewery dog Scoutt. Malty, Hoppy, and warming, Olde Scoutter will have a place in your heart.
We can’t wait to cheers you guys!
The Iron Press Crew