After an insane kickoff to Goose Island’s Migration Week, we are collaborating with Smog City Brewing for our next Tuesday Tap Takeover! After outgrowing our beloved and local Tustin Brew Co., the gang at Smog City moved their outfit to Torrance and have been shooting out even more tasty brews.
Throw this in your calendar and join us April 1st, 2014 AD from 5 – 10 PM PST for our next yummy Tuesday Tap Takeover!
Without further ado, here are the delicious brews from Smog City we will be pouring out for the evening:
1. Little Bo Pils – 4.4% ABV | 35 IBU – This unfiltered pale lager is all about subtlety and balance. Expect a delicate spice, a touch of honey, and rustic white bread on the nose. Flavors of bread crust and light malt meet the spice of traditional Czech Saaz hops and while the finish is crisp and bracingly bitter, everything is in balance.
2. Make Out Session Pale ale – 4.8% ABV | 33 IBU – A low alcohol yet highly hopped pale ale. Full of citrusy, fruity, and floral west coast IPA hop character balanced with just enough malt to keep this beer hoppy, yet super drinkable!
3. L.A. Saison – 6.0% ABV | 22 IBU – A hazy, deep golden farmhouse style ale with a floral nose, flavors of wheat and white pepper and a smooth, dry finish. French hops, and a blend of domestic and European malts combine in this characteristic country ale with expressive yeast and complex hop flavor and aroma.
4. Peach Saison – 6.0% ABV | 22 IBU – A hazy, deep golden farmhouse style ale with a floral nose, flavors of wheat and white pep… wait doesn’t this sound familiar? That’s because this is special release of the L.A. Saison lovingly fermented a second time with peach puree! This brew originally wasn’t supposed to leave the tasting room, but the good folks at Smog City were incredibly eager to share some with us. Thanks guys!!
5. Groundwork Coffee Porter – 6.0% ABV | 26 IBU – Gold Medal Winner – 2012 Great American Beer Festival, Denver, CO – Coffee Beer. A coffee-beer, rather than a beer with coffee. A robust porter aged on fresh, locally roasted fair-trade ground coffee. Enhanced flavors of chocolate, roasted malt, and of course coffee are present. “Like a chocolate covered espresso bean.”
6. Hoptonic IPA – 7.8% ABV | 54 IBU – This golden-hued ale flaunts the exceptional flavor and aroma of west coast hops with notes of orange, citrus peel, tropical fruit, guava and floral honey. The lightly toasted caramel malt balances the resinous hop flavors and firm, yet balanced bitterness that make this beer a full bodies hop lovers’ paradise.
7. Amarilla Gorilla – 7.8% ABV | 60 IBU – This IPA is definitely from the jungle! With notes of mango, papaya, apricot, and a touch of citrus and pine in the nose, this is one big, beautifully hoppy IPA. Enough malt balance and restrained bitterness keeps it very drinkable.
8. The Nothing – 9.7% ABV | 96 IBU – Winter Seasonal. This double chocolate imperial stout aged on raw cocoa nibs is about as decadent as they come. This fan favorite is brewed once a year and its anticipated return is wide spread. Named in honor of The Neverending Story’s character, The Nothing, who was the embodiment of lost hope and dreams and is set upon destroying Fantasia.
In the interim, peer at these to make you want to DRINK BEER. YOU KNOW YOU WANT SOME.
Check back with us soon to see the lineup for that evening.
The Iron Press Crew