We hope that everyone had an amazing holidays these last couple of weeks. We wanted to give all of your livers a little break before swelling them back up again with delicious brews. Coming up for our next Tuesday Tap Takeover is Coronado Brewing Company from our friends just south of our county! In the meantime, save Tuesday – January 14th, 2014 AD from 5 PM – 10 PM PST locked in on your calendars.
Without further ado, here is the line up for the evening:
1. Wet Willie XPA – 4.8% ABV | 63 IBU – An incredibly bright, fruity hop experience bursts into this Extra Pale Ale. An abundance of Nelson Sauvin hops gives this beers incredible fruit flavor, and keeps it refreshing.
2. Coronado Golden – 4.9% ABV | 20 IBU – Pouring as vibrant gold as a perfectly sunny day in San Diego, this light-bodied, delicately hopped session beer is brewed using pilsner malt, Cluster, German Hallertau and Czech Saaz hops. The result is a crisp, clean and abundantly refreshing brew that’s ideal for everyday enjoyment.
3. Hibiscus IPA – 4.9% ABV | 70 IBU – Collaboration with Maui brewing company. This session IPA is on the maltier side with a slight tartness from the Hibiscus. The hop profile contains Chinook, Centennial and Nugget with very floral aromatics.
4. Silver Strand Saison – 5.1% ABV | 19 IBU – This farmhouse style beer is brewed with Saison Dupont yeast strain, giving it signature saison flavors of spicy pepper notes, ripe fruity esters with a crisp dry finish.
5. Orange Avenue Wit – 5.2% ABV | 19 IBU – This So-Cal take on a traditional witbier honors Coronado’s main street, which is home to our brewpub and was once lined with orange trees. Bolstered by orange zest, coriander and orange blossom honey, its Belgium by way of Coronado. Expect a refreshing, light-bodied brew rife with citrus zing and a hint of earthy spice.
6. Blue Bridge Coffee Stout – 5.4% ABV | 27 IBU – Just as the iconic Coronado Bay Bridge connects their island home to the mainland, this java-tinged dry stout, brewed using dark roasted coffee beans from a local San Diego artisanal roaster, provides a bridge uniting craft beer drinker with CBC’s rich, flavorful SoCal brewing traditions.
7. Barrelmans Brown – 5.4% ABV | 30 IBU – This is an Anglo American brown ale. Using British chocolate malt, British crystal malts and American hops and yeast. It has a light caramel and toffee note with hints of chocolate and a light roast.
8. Mermaid’s Red – 5.7% ABV | 50 IBU – Mermaid’s Red bucks the shallow mid-range red ale stereotype. Loaded with Cascade hops, it delivers a fresh floral aroma and sharp bitter notes, all while delivering a solid kick of roasted malts that fades seamlessly into a rich, chocolaty finish with hints of clove and caramel.
9. Frog’s Breath IPA – 6.5% ABV | 50 IBU – This beer derives its bright citrus flavor from Centennial hops plus the addition of Kaffir lime leaf, lemon and orange zest. Originally a collaboration brew with two local home brewers / retired frogmen that became an instant favorite. Powerful in every way we felt it the perfect IPA to pay tribute to Coronado’s large military population that’s contributed to our hometown success.
10. Islander IPA – 7% ABV | 75 IBU – Named after Coronado Island, their original India Pale Ale is a liquid expression of hometown pride. Centennial, Chinook and Columbus hops combine to provide an explosive burst of piney bitterness and luscious notes of apricot, grapefruit and mango that are sure to evoke imagery of swaying palms and sun-kissed shores.
11. Hoppy Daze Belgian IPA – 7.5% ABV | 74 IBU – CBC’s overriding mission is to brew beers that are 100% true to our San Diego roots. Their spring seasonal, a Belgian style IPA, does so in spades thanks to aggressive West Coast hopping, while paying tasteful homage to Old World flavors and brewing traditions.
12. Sock Knocker IPA – 8.4% ABV | 90 IBU – Amarillo, Centennial, Columbus and Simcoe hops unite to produce an immensely floral, botanical nose and a veritable explosion of citrus and pine on the palate. With an even more obscene hop overload than our infamous Idiot IPA, it’s an India pale ale truly deserving of its imperial crown.
13. Idiot IPA – 8.5% ABV | 90 IBU – It doesn’t take a genius to know quality West Coast IPAs require a stupid amount of hops. A generous blend of Nugget hops and the four Cs—Cascade, Centennial, Chinook and Columbus—brings forth a myriad of tropical fruit flavors and a brawny, persistent bitterness that makes for a highly intelligent brew.
14. Stupid Stout Imperial Stout – 9% ABV | 42 IBU – This deep, dark, viscous brew stands up to other imperial stouts, delivering big flavors in a smooth, balanced and easy drinking package. Robust and chocolaty with a hint of hop freshness, it’s the perfect beer to warm up with as winter cold sets in.
15. Anniversary Ale – 9.5% ABV | 90 IBU – Coronado is always looking for opportunities to get creative around the brewhouse, and the celebration of another year of passionate brewing is the best opportunity they can think of. As such, they revel in the challenge of coming up with a new and interesting brew each year under our “Anniversary” label worthy of both paying homage to our past and the new year of brewing that lays ahead.
For now, here are a couple of pictures to whet (wet) your beer appetite:
We hope to see everyone there!
The Iron Press Crew