Yikes, I thought I posted this up already, oopsies. This coming Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 AD we will be hosting our next Tap Takeover with Golden Road Brewing out of The City of Angels!
Without further ado, here are the tasty brews we will be pouring for the evening:
1. Citrus Bend American Wheat Ale – 4.8% | 15 IBU – For Citrus Bend they pulled their house hefeweizen wort before fermentation and pitched it with our American Ale yeast to produce a crisp light bodied wheat beer. They then dry hopped it with a generous amounts of Amarillo and El Dorado to give this beer the aroma of fresh lemon zest.
2. Cabrillo Kolsch – 5.0% ABV | 30 IBU – Their quest for the perfect summer beer led them to one of their favorite, but lesser known styles — the Kölsch. The style originated in Cologne, Germany and is hybrid, drifting somewhere between an ale and a lager. Ale yeast is fermented at cooler temperatures, much like a lager, to create a clean, refined, smooth lager finish. German Tradition and Opal hops lend the beer a slightly peppery aroma and flavor, lightly accented by a citrus aroma.
3. Get Up Offa That Brown- 5.5% ABV | 20 IBU – For their brown ale they’ve added trace amounts of smoked malt to build a toasty complexity, balanced by rich notes of caramel and chocolate. Ask your beertender to “Get Up Offa That Brown!”
4. Summer Pale Ale – 5.7% | 30 IBU – Citrus, apricot and pine aroma , slight golden orange in color, tastes like orange, marmalade, and grapefruit in the finish . Very smooth body, nice bittering becomes apparent after a few sips.
5. Point the Way IPA – 5.9% | 60 IBU – This is their ode to the hop-crazed patrons of Los Angeles. Its light malt body elevates the citrus zest, tropical and pine notes contributed by a generous hop dosing. At 5.9%, this sessionable West-Coast IPA finishes dry for optimal repeatability.
6. Heal the Bay IPA – 6.8% ABV | 65 IBU – The two-row pale malt body takes a backseat to Citra, Centennial, and New Zealand hops for a bright, citrus forward, summertime drinking IPA. A portion of the proceeds from this beer will be donated to our hardworking friends at Heal the Bay (www.healthebay.org), a local organization committed to protecting the Southern California watersheds.
7. Burning Bush Smoked IPA – 8.0% ABV | 70 IBU – Light caramel and biscuit malt character supported by wispy smoked malts (Oak, Beechwood, Cherry wood). A healthy West Coast dry hop present without dominating the smoke and malt aroma.
8. Wolf Among Weeds – 8.0% ABV | 80 IBU – This beer is a balanced showcase of the majestic hop specie, in Latin, Humulus Lupulus, which translates to “Wolf Among Weeds”. It’s their celebration of California’s enthusiasm for hop-forward IPAs. At 8%, Wolf will sneak up on you from behind the robust citrus and dank earthy hop notes mirrored in its aroma and flavor profile.
9. Hudson Imperial Rye Porter – 8.5% ABV | 20 IBU – This very special beer shares a name with Tony’s son, Hudson Porter. The recipe was inspired by Tony’s favorite homebrew recipe, which he brews with Hudson each year to commemorate Hudson’s birthday. Raise a glass to Hudson Porter and cherish the rich chocolate depths and sumptuous rye spice of this decadent brew.
10. 100 & 2 Strong Golden Ale – 8.8% ABV | 35 IBU – Belgian yeast provides slightly fruity esters that combined with huge late additions of Centennial result in a dynamic orange bouquet highlighted by a slight spice in the finish.
In the meantime, chiggedy check out some pics of their brewery and tasting room courtesy of Sean O’Shea:
We hope to see you all there!
Len & Jerry