Tuesday Tap Takeovers – The Speakeasy Ales & Lagers Edition
Hi. How are you? After another fun Tap Takeover with Hangar 24, we have another great California brewery lined up next. On Tuesday July 9th, 2013 AD we will be bringing in the good folks over at Speakeasy Ales & Lagers from San Francisco! Without further ado, here is the deliciously delicious line up:
1. Tallulah – 5.6% ABV | 60 IBU – This XPA pours a radiant honey gold with a fluffy layer of foam and bursts with complex tropical fruit aromas. The candy fruit notes of guava, peach, and passion fruit are complimented by a light caramel sweetness and balanced with a moderate yet assertive level of hop bitterness. With a refreshingly effervescent carbonation, the untraditional hop flavors lead to a crisp finish, perfect for a warm day at the park.
2. Prohibition Ale – 6.1% ABV | 45 IBU – Prohibition Ale is the first beer we bootlegged back in the early days of the brewery. Anything but traditional, Prohibition pours a deep reddish amber hue, with a fluffy tan head that leaves a beautiful lacing on the glass. A lush, complex aroma teases the senses with juicy grapefruit, citrus, pine, spice, and candied caramel malts. Mouth feel is creamy, with a silky medium body and modest carbonation.
3. Big Daddy – 6.5% ABV | 60 IBU – This IPA is a hop head’s delight, a generously dry hopped yet surprisingly drinkable American style India Pale Ale. Poured into a standard American pint glass, the beer is a golden straw color, with tight carbonation and a slightly off white head that leaves a lovely lacing. The aroma is floral, fresh grass, pine needles, grapefruit, and subtle notes of fresh bread.
4. Payback Porter – 7.5% ABV | 35 IBU – American hops provide a smooth distraction for Payback Porter’s robust strength, which is concealed within the shadows of dark imported malts.
5. Vendetta IPA – 7.6% ABV | 50 IBU – As the fire rages on, an enduring rivalry reaches the breaking point. Vendetta IPA is the taste of sweet revenge. Aggressively bitter with a cutthroat convergence of Citra and Amarillo hops, this Vendetta won’t soon be forgotten.
6. The Accomplice – 7.6% ABV | ?? IBU – Very rare limited release Belgian style dark ale brewed with the Bastogne yeast strain. Toasty with fruity undertones.
7. Double Daddy – 8.5% ABV | 80 IBU – Doubling down on malt and hops, Double Daddy raises the stakes. With it’s good looks and No-Limit style, DD takes the pot every time.
8. Scarface Imperial Stout – 9.5% ABV | 65 IBU – A bold and self-indulgent symphony of dark chocolate, chicory and roasted coffee. With a warming note, the mouth feel is hearty and silky. A perfect adventure for sipping on those chilly nights.
9. Old Godfather Barley Wine – 10.8% ABV | 75 IBU – Pale, Honey, Munich and Special-B malts with Apollo and Cascade hops make this Barley Wine chock full of deep malt flavors. Mmmmm…heavy, sipper, boozy.
Hop back over soon to check out more details on the event that night!
Len & Jerry