For those who are not familiar with à la minute, Chef Ryan Berk has anti-melted together liquid nitrogen with local organic ingredients to freeze your own personal ice cream ON THE SPOT!
Liquid nitrogen is simply nitrogen (which makes up 78% of our atmosphere) in a liquid state. It is -321 degrees and is obviously very cold. Using liquid nitrogen to make ice cream reduces the size of ice crystals and results in a much creamier ice cream.
With that being said, we melted together our brains and have come up with some crazy dessert concoctions for our Tuesday Tap Takeover!
Sitting on top of a Belgian Waffle:
1) Salted Caramel – Used with locally made artisan caramel and topped with flur de sel French sea salt from De Grade region. $8
2) Espresso Chip – Using espresso from Augie’s coffee house (also in Redlands) and micro batch artisan chocolate chips. $8
3) Strawberry Balsamic – Strawberries from local fields and a balsamic reduction. $8
Beer infused Ice Cream:
1) A brown butter and Hellion Belgian Golden Strong Ale infused ice cream on top of a waffle pressed piece of French Toast featuring real maple syrup. $8
2) Big Deluxe Imperial Russian Oat Stout infused ice cream battered in oats and slivered almonds, fried, and drizzled with house made chocolate by Chef Ryan Berk himself. $6
Along with these sweet offerings, we will be serving up these savory fellas:
1) Our YUM waffle fries topped with melted Cheddar cheese then adorned with a Citrus Lager Carne Asada made up of prime rib eye cuts. $8 (Ask for extra Avocado Pico de Gallo on the side for just $1 more)
2) Citrus Lager Carne Asada – Topped with Pepper Jack cheese and our house made Avocado Pico de Gallo served on a fresh waffle. $9
Both of these guys taste even better with Ritual’s Hop-O-Matic IPA. Trust me, I’m a beer doctor.
Big ups to Frank and Josh for helping put this all together. See you guys soon!
Len & Jerry