After a little bit of a rest for the holidays, Tuesday Tap Takeovers are back in action for 2013. For this month, we have wrangled in Stone Brewing Co.! These guys have been crucial to spreading great craft brew along the west coast, including their own.
Without further ado, here is the lineup for the night:
1. IPA – 6.9% – True to style with a huge hop aroma, flavor, and bitterness throughout.
2. Ruination – 7.7% – Massive hop monster with a wonderfully delicious and intensely bitter flavor on a refreshing malt base.
3. Pale Ale 1/6 bbl – 5.4% – Robust and full flavored with a delicate hop aroma complemented by a rich malt.
4. Arrogant Bastard Ale – 7.2% – As the progenitor of its style, Arrogant Bastard Ale has reveled in its unprecedented and uncompromising celebration of intensity.
5. Smoked Porter – 5.9% – Dark, smooth and complex, with rich chocolate and coffee flavors balanced by a subtle smokiness
6. Levitation – 4.4% – Deep amber ale has rich malt flavors, a big hoppy character, and citrus overtones – courtesy of the hops and Stone’s special brewers yeast.
7. Tiger Cub Saison – 7.7% – This guy is so new and so rare, we have no details on it. Ask us when you get here what we think of it.
8. Sublimely Self Righteous Ale with Espresso Beans – 8.7% – superb roasted coffee and cocoa combination up front followed by some subtle citric hops. A play on their normal SSRA.
9. Mix Tape Vol. 2 – 9.8% – Incorporates 2012 Imperial Russian Stout, 2011 Old Guardian Barleywine, 2011 Double Bastard, and 2012 Smoked Porter. Starts with a hit of bitter hop and moves to a sweet malt with notes of chocolate and caramel that sticks around into the grassy hop finish.
10. Mix Tape Vol. 3 – 7.8% – Blend includes 2011 Old Guardian Belgo Barley Wine, 16th Anniversary IPA, Levitation Ale, Dogfish Head / Victory / Stone Saison du BUFF, Cali-Belgique IPA, and Pale Ale. Flavor of the parsley/sage/rosemary/thyme from the saison along with tangy hops, lemon verbena from the 16th Anniversary, and fruitiness from the Belgian yeast in three of the contributing beers.
11. 2011 Belgo Anise Imperial Russian Stout – 10.5% – Pours pitch black with a deep tan head, with aromatic notes of anise, coffee, and cocoa jumping from the glass. Coffee and dark roasted malt flavors dominate, with a robust compliment of anise and oak, which leave a lingering blend of vanilla, licorice, and dark malt on the palate.
12. 2011 Old Guardian – 12% – Malty rich flavors give a bold array of caramel, buttered toast, molasses, and brown sugars. Mild bread flavors allow for the reminiscence of toast and honey. Hoppy flavors combat with early citrus, turn pine, turn resin for a clean bitter finish.
OK, so Eric went a little crazy this time with the food specials! Here are the dishes we will be whipping up for the event:
1. Smoked BBQ Burger : Bacon, cheddar, beer battered onion rings, and BBQ sauce reduced with Stone Smoked Porter all over homemade Kenebec potato chips. Pairing : Stone Smoked Porter
2. Smoked Salmon Frisée Salad : Alaskan Salmon grilled with a mustard apricot glaze served over a bed of frisée, arugula and spinach with sliced almonds and dried cranberries. Pairing : Stone Tiger Cub Saison
3. Ruination Irish Nachos : Proscuitto, cabbage, and jalapeño peppers simmered in Stone Ruination IPA served over waffle fries and covered with sharp cheddar sauce. Pairing : Stone Ruination IPA
4. Banana Tart Cheesecake : Made with all natural ingredients from our friends at Tarts N Things served with Stone Sublimely Self Righteous brewed with Espresso beans.
As usual, for all you early birds, there will be some giveaways. We hope to see you guys there!
Len & Jerry