Continuing our fun little Tuesday Tap Takeovers over here at The Iron Press, we have hand (errr…mouth?) selected, in collaboration with Orangey and his crew at Beer in Orange County, about a dozen dark ales to ring in the holidays. We have some rad barrel aged, seasonal, specialty, and rare suckers coming in this coming Tuesday – December 4th, 2012 AD from 5PM – 10PM PST.
So far, we have on the lineup we have:
* Russian Imperial Stout from North Coast – 9% ABV rich, intense brew with big complex flavors and a warming finish.
* Mint Chocolate Porter from Bootleggers – 6.1% ABV refreshing mint balanced with subtle hints of dark chocolate notes winter ale.
* Groundwork Coffee Porter from Tustin Brew Company – 6% ABV COFFEE beer rather than a beer with coffee. Imagine a chocolate covered espresso bean.
* Smoking Wood from The Bruery – 10% ABV imperial porter brewed with beachwood and cherrywood smoked malt, and aged in rye whiskey barrels.
* Winter Warmer from Hangar 24 – 7.8% ABV blended together locally harvested spruce tips from Angelus Oaks, maple syrup from Wisconsin and cinnamon from Saigon.
* Bourbon Barrel Aged Marlin from Ballast Point – 5.8% coffee and caramel notes aged in bourbon barrels adding oak flavors.
* He’Brew Jewbilation Sweet 16 from Shmaltz – 16% ABV, 16 malts, 16 hops, 16 years in the making.
* Blacks Dawn by Cismontane – 8% ABV heavy strong stout brewed with coffee, brown sugar and oats.
* Wild Turkey Bourbon Aged Stout from Anderson Valley – 5.8% ABV aroma of fresh-baked bread, toffee, and espresso mingling with the woody vanilla and roasted notes of bourbon.
* 90 Schilling Scotch Ale from Taps – 8.2% ABV full bodied, malty, with a hint of toastiness with a slightly sweet finish.
* Speedway Stout from Alesmith – 12% ABV strong coffee and dark chocolate sensation, then fades to a multitude of toasty, roasty and caramel malt flavors.
and…wait for it…wait for it…
* The Perfect Crime Black Smoked Saison from a collaboartion by Evil Twin, Stillwater, and Stone – 6.8% ABV crafted a beer that cleverly exploits the definition of a saison.
Build-Your-Own-Flights will be available for most of the guys we have on tap by way of four (4) x five (5) ounce pours offered up at $12, $10 if you pick up and demolish one of our sandwiches! Our Chef Extraordinaire Eric has also whipped up a super tasty Stout BBQ Burger : Bacon, Cheddar, Onion Rings, Potato Chips, and an Old Rasputin Reduced BBQ Sauce. We look forward to stuffing your faces with great food and swelling up your liver with delicious dark libations.
Len & Jerry